With today’s lifestyle contributing to both obesity and extreme fit bodies ,food plays a significant role in ones lives.Emergence of new restaurants every week have contributed more to the degradation or enhancements of ones eating habits .
With the above context in mind Mr Girish Monie a successful entrepreneur from the Gulf deceided to open an exciting venture in Pune .
“I was 142 kgs until a few years ago before I decided to make some lifestyle changes. After researching and experimenting with multiple diets, the grain-free diet is what worked the best for me.” Today, Monie is close to his fitness goal. And Sorted is his hat-tip to promoting food that’s good for you.
Sorted Delicatessen is located in Kalyani Nagar and can be located on Google Maps very easily .
The place is huge in space and gives you a classy yet homely feel with its ambience.
Sorted Deli offer us tasty food which is gluten free and contains absolutely no ingredients which will make you worried about your health. Instead they boast that after you eat here you will feel good about yourself and trust me it does .They offer what they actually say .I was amazed when they told me that 1 pizza would give me 24 grams of protein .In all Sorted Deli is a restaurant for everyone who want to eat happily without any fear and enjoy an amazing meal with family and friends.
Here’s what I tried
We started with a Beverage first
- With Summer around we are craving for mangoes and whats better than a beverage .One Punch Mango consists of Alphonso mango, pineapple, banana and coconut milk and is an absolute taste cracker .It shoots up the energy for an exciting meal ahead.
Kale Potato Soup consists of Kale, potato, onion, cream with some seasoning.It is different and it takes time for one to adapt to the taste .We have always tried regular soups in local restaurants so when you have this slowly but steady you start enjoying it .
- Tried the Roasted Vegetable bruschetta which consisted of Carrot, onion, sweet potato, Pumpkin, zucchini, Bell Peppers, Almond basil pinenut pesto, bocconcini mozzarella.Wow so many things in one bruschetta.The taste was super amazing and is a must try here.
- Coming to the Avocado on Multi-seed toast which was made up of Primal Toast, Avocado, Pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, black and white sesame seeds.The special thing about Sorted Deli is that everything you eat is has a personal touch and feel to it.The breads used in the dishes are made in house and with utmost precaution with the healthy lifestyle in mind.
With the avengers season running hot and the head chef at Sorted Deli being a huge fan how can you not miss out on one of the yummiest salads I have had ,It is called I am groot and it consists of Fresh arugula, spinach, caramelized onions, avocado, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, herb croutons, parmesan, and Balsamic Vinaigrette .Woah!! that’s so much .They promise you an amazing taste with amazing health benefits with the ingredients they use .One of my must try’s at this place whenever I go.
Pizza, Wraps & mains
The Special thing about their Pizzas,wraps and mains was that every thing had a healthy touvh to it,The bases of Pizzas had an amazing variety .One of them giving 24 grams of protein not kidding !!.
- First Pizza I tried was Au natural Almond (Veg) – It consisted of Almond Crust – Almonds, Flax seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husk. Himalayan Pink Salt .
The Toppings consisted of Almond & Pine nut basil pesto, red bell peppers, artichokes, grilled eggplant, mozzarella, Drizzled with Arugula and Olive oil.Crispy mouth watering and very tasty .It is rich in ingredients and surely does not feel like you are missing the maize or yeast base.
- Next up we tried the Margherita Cauliflower Crust Pizza .It was made up of Cauliflower, Whey protein isolate, flax seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husk, Himalayan Pink Salt.The Toppings consisted of Tomato marinara, Ovalini mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Olive oil.A must try for all the gym going health conscious peeps .
- Tried the Falafel Beetroot wrap after an amazing foodgasm with the Pizzas.I am not a huge falafel fan to be honest .But this one was different right from the Beetroot Wrap which was made of Beetroot, Flax seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husk, Himalayan Pink Salt, Olive oil and the Filling consisted of Falafal, arugula, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, olive & feta cheese.Sorted Deli is offering us with huge variety of amazing food .
- Also tried their Indian cuisine which included Paneer Makhani with assorted paratha (V-12) (Veg) – the Curry mainly consisted of Zucchini, Broccoli, Bell peppers, Kale, beetroot, carrot, asparagus, onions, garlic, tomatoes, French beans, Avocado, cottage cheese.The Parathas were of 5 different flavors and were very easy to munch .
- After trying a wide variety of cuisines it was time for some chinese .The Cauliflower and buckwheat noodles tossed in house made Black bean sauce with, red cabbage, onions, garlic, bell peppers were one of the best noodles I have had till date .
- I have tried Dimsums at various places but Sorted deli just offers you spectacular taste and quality. The filling was made up of Onion, garlic, chill and cabbage.
After a marathon of healthy and tasty food my day was sorted and got all my cravings fulfilled .But the staff at sorted insisted us to try the desserts which were irresistible .
- With Summer comes a lot of heat but it also get our beloved fruit the king of all fruits into our appetite,Tried their Mango Cheese cake –which was made of Cream cheese, cream, jaggery, mango, gelatin, vanilla, coconut.It was so tasty that I made more space in my tummy .I wanted more and more .I was amazed gluten free chessecakes can be so tasty as well .
- After a drooling start to our desserts next in the line was Mango almond pastry which was made from Almond, buckwheat, jaggery, butter, egg, baking powder, baking soda, mango, cream.It was equally tasty as the previous one and melted through as it made its way to my tummy.I felt so satisfied after the first two desserts ,did not realize there was more coming .
- Next up was a dessert rich in Chocolate ,It looked mesmerizing .The name was Chocolate hazelnut tart .The gluten free content was pretty obvious with this one and the dessert was made up of Almond, buckwheat, jaggery, flax seeds, Olive oil, cocoa powder and coconut milk.A must try for chocolate lovers.
- The Showstopper for the day was the Tiramisu with Almond biscotti.Made with Almond, egg, mascarpone cheese, jaggery, espresso, cream, vanilla, olive and flax seeds.The moment I tasted it I kept having it more and more and more .. it was another foodgasm and this one was the best dessert I have tried in all the places I have visited in Pune .Really top notch stuff from Sorted Delicatessen .Top notch stuff .
I would recommend families,friends ,health conscious people or people looking for tasty food .Close you eyes and head to Sorted Delicatessen for drooling yet healthy food .I rate the place as 5/5 .